200 Hour Teacher TrainingContact studio for upcoming teacher training dates.
Whether you are ready to become an outstanding, professional yoga teacher or simply looking to gain a deeper understanding of your own personal practice, Yoga Mayu’s comprehensive 200-hour Teacher Training is a complete preparation for reaching your goal.
Our graduates gain an inclusive and practical knowledge of postures, in-depth yoga anatomy training, pranayama (breathing) techniques, meditation, sequencing, yogic philosophy, business skills and much more. The focus of the training offers hours of hands-on coaching in teaching methods and multiple opportunities to teach, observe, assist and adjust in real-life situations. You will come away from this training as a progressive yoga teacher with extensive knowledge and skills that will distinguish you as an accomplished instructor among the many teachers entering this growing profession.
To enroll in our teacher training program, we require that you have at least one year of regular yoga practice (2-3 times per week). In addition, you will be required to practice at least 6 hours per week as part of the commitment to our teacher training. We at Yoga Mayu are committed to providing the best and we recognize our responsibility for maintaining our excellent reputation for high standards.Course Outline
- History and philosophy of yoga
- Intensive study and practice of Asanas (postures)
- Sanskrit names of yoga postures
- Assisting and adjusting of poses
- Pranayama (breathing techniques)
- Chanting workshop
- The business of teaching yoga
- Class sequencing and planning
- Observation of yoga classes
- Practice teaching and assisting
Upon completion of the Teacher Training, you will be qualified to register with Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour level.Teacher Training Staff
- Gizella Donald - E-RYT 200 - Adjustments, Sequencing, Techniques and Alignment
- Jody Hahn - E-RYT 200 - Adjustments, Sequencing, Techniques and Alignment
- Eric Shaw - E-RYT-500 - MA Educ. History and Philosophy of Yoga
- Katharine Otis - Ayurveda / Nutrition - Yoga Sutras
- Julia Weinberg - Certified Pilates Instructor, EHS TTIP - Anatomy - Injuries
- Diana Oppenheim - Philosophy, Anatomy, Techniques and Alignment